Bishop LewisLewis brought great compassion and spirituality to the Diocese He was later Bishop of the Diocese of Olympia (1960-1964).
Nevada's Bishop Lewis welcomes The Rt. Rev. Henry Knox Sherrill, Presiding Bishop, to Reno. He is joined by The Rev. John T. Ledger, Rector of Trinity parish, Reno. Bishop Lewis is remembered for the acquisition of the property on Lake Tahoe which became the Galilee Camp & Conference Center
1958: (l. to r.) Bishop Bentley and The Rev. Dr. William G. Wright (both of the Episcopal Church's "National Council" in NYC), The Rt. Rev. Henry Knox Scherrill (Presiding Bishop), The Rev. John T. Ledger (Rector of Trinity, Reno), Mrs. Lewis and Bishop Lewis of Nevada, arriving in Reno for a Layman's meeting to be held at Trinity parish. Dr. Wright was, 2 years later, to become Nevada's 6th Bishop.